5 Apr 2012

My Secret Weapon

You know how you dread sitting beside a crying baby on a long airplane flight?  Listening to your own kid cry endlessly is way worse and utterly exhausting.  My daughter cries a lot.  I'm not talking little cries; I'm talking red in the face screaming cries.  Don't get me wrong, I love my baby.  There are fleeting angelic moments when she is quiet and happy.  At these times, I magically seem to forget all the crying and get lost in how darn cute she is.  Then the crying starts again and I return to my trusted secret weapon, the hair dryer.  The secret weapon needs to be set to full blast, the low settings just won't cut it.  Unless she is hungry, the secret weapon magically makes her stop.  And believe me, the magic weapon is much more relaxing to listen to than my crying child.  Sometimes I make a nice cup of tea, grab my favourite book, curl up by the fire place, and listen the hair dryer for hours.

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful and the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen in your little black dress with ruffles.......go slow......enjoy....throw away your watch....enjoy every moment...forget rules and plans.....soak in every minute....soak in a joint bath....hug and have family time in bed....take time to cook...sleep when the baby sleeps....yoga stretch...forget expectations.....enjoy the most important and rich minutes of your wonderful beautiful life......ask Ben to bringyou one flower a week and soak in its beauty...life goes fast and is so short...much love.......WAD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...